Job Duties and Tasks for: “Plumber”
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings,clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work detail sand procedures.
- Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
- Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools ormachines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
- Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes and opening clogged drains.
- Direct workers engaged in pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
- Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Clear away debris in a renovation.
Working hours and conditions:
You would work around 48 hours a week, Saturday to Thursday. Extra hours may be necessary to meet deadlines.
Salary & Benefits:
1200-1500 Dhs. With accommodation